I decided to challenge myself and signed up for the 21km standchart run. I think my last 21km run was also at the standchart run about 3 years back, so can I re-gain my ability to cover long distance after such a long span of time? I'm finding out.
Hadn't been running much for the past few months, well, perhaps more than just a few months, so my stamina isn't really good at this point.
I started running on monday, covering 4km using the threadmill at 1% gradient. The 1% gradient is supposed to simulate the actual effort taken to run on the road. Personally, I think it should be much more than 1% because the roads aren't flat!
I run another 5km today, and targeting to hit either 6-7km on friday. My actual target was 10km, but I really doubt I can hit that distance and I really should be doing progressive training. Actually, since I have about 3 months in total to train, even if I hit 10km (i.e. about half the distance) by end of the month, its a pretty good target right? Hmm.....
Well, lots more running to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment